That is all.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Of course, being part of such a great cause was a great way to start off a weekend that also included:
- a day at the beach (complete with some rowdy locals providing entertainment)
- a pit stop for post-beach slurpees
- having some good friends over for dinner at my big girl apartment (thank you, Whole Foods)
I love summer!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
3. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into Big Huge Lab’s Mosaic Maker to create a mosaic of the picture answers.
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food? right now?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. What is your favourite drink?
7. What is your dream vacation?
8. What is your favorite dessert?
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. What is one word that describes you?
12. What is your flickr name?
P.S. Credit to the fabo artists: 1. Heather in snow, 2. Baba Ghannouj, 3. NY - Catskill Mountains: Kaaterskill Falls, 4. the highway is my home, 5. Robert Buckley, 6. Ritas, 7. Cinque Terre beauty, 8. tiramisu, 9. one with the sea, 10. Make a X-mas & new year wish upon a star (add a note), 11. Hilarious, 12. Paragliding along the Aurlandfjords
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Our conference was called The Workout 2008, and the focus was on recruitment and leadership. I had a small group of awesome women that I worked with through the entire week's journey, and they were really refreshing to work with. Their passion for our organization and their desire to make an impact on their campus and chapter was so strong - it was definitely a different experience than the risk management world I've been wrapped up in for the last two years.
We even dressed up in our fancy clothes and took time out for a group picture on the last day - these women are going to do great things on their campuses this year!
I jumped right back into work upon my return from the ATL, but this past weekend I finally caught up on some much needed sleep. I think I spent about 16 hours sleeping on Sunday - felt SO good!
Monday, June 9, 2008
And believe me, I know it. May just flew by, mostly I think because the whole month was pretty much spent in anticipation of things to come.
Memorial Day really kicked off the summer fun; three great friends came to visit: BSA, Lil, and Kirsten (who is not a fan of having her life available to be linked to on the internets, apparently).
We had an amazing time, including:
- Getting mani's and pedi's to kick the weekend off in high style
- Eating cupcakes from Cakelove - deeeelish!
- Visiting Mt. Vernon (on the only day of the year when the place is overrun with high school students role-playing colonists, complete with period costumes and musical performances!)
- Eating "meal" on the Potomac in Old Town Alexandria
- Taking a unique nighttime monument tour, with our new friend, Clara
- Brunching with old and new friends in Georgetown
- Eating tapas and drinking yummy sangria
- Hanging by the pool on Memorial Day
Anyway, since Lil was kind enough to act as very own paparazza, I actually have photos to share from the weekend!
What's the point of vacationing in Washington, DC, if you're not going to get snaps with some cardboard politicos?
And I have abso no idea what is going on here, but I love it!
Okay, more to come, but that's all for tonight.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
- ▼ June (6)