Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 4th...are you kidding me?

Help me, I've lost the month of January, and I don't know where it went.

Seems like just yesterday I was playing away the final days of 2008 (or puking away the final days of 2008, depending on which week we are talking about specifically. That Christmas stomach bug was not the gift, I expected.)

Let's take a quick moment to recap on 2009 thus far:
  • Rang in the new year in a not so memorable way. It was okay, wasn't great. I don't have the best track record on planning New Years celebrations (though we did a great job in 2006, didn't we, Vick?). Need to work on that for next year.
  • Had a total crisis freak-out early in the new year that took me by surprise and reminded me that sometimes the things that I think don't bother me really do, and that it's okay to let it out.
  • Took a fabulous trip to visit my bestest friend at her new home in NoLA. There is something so necessary to me about really knowing where my friends are, experiencing their worlds just for a few days - their homes, daily commutes, favorite restaurants, new friends, and new loves (can you say muffaletta?!)
  • Planned and executed a fabulous training day for my girls at Old Dominion and George Mason. All the women who turned out to train were amaXIng, and the collegiate women were so gracious and thankful. Days like that make me remember why I continue to volunteer my time to my sorority.

That's about all I've got on my list for January accomplishments, because other than that, I worked my freakin' tail off during the entire month. Basically I was picking up someone else's slack, but it got me some pretty good kudos for being willing to pitch in and help get things done. After a LOT of late nights, I managed to turn out a pretty decent product.

I'm trying to regain some work-life balance this month, but not sure it's in the cards. In fact, tonight's installment is really just another demonstration of my procrastiblogging style...as I've got an assignment that's due tonight, that I haven't started on yet. I've got to get unburied though - I don't want to lose February too!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hope you are ok after the early month upset.

Trip to NOLA sounds great! Next stop LA?

Miss you!

Jennifer said...

Seriously me too! I have no idea where January went!

bets said...

yummy muffaletta! i posted a blog on our weekend... finally! miss you :)

dancer said...

Good to see you back among the living!